Here we go with round 3 of the Corona series!
- When a Virus Goes Viral (2020) - "It’s not an abnormal thing to wonder when things will get back to normal. I don’t believe they will, I don’t think they ever do."
- When a Virus Stays Viral (2021) - "I don't know what the right answer is, but if you are arguing for restaurants and bars to open up, tell me how many grandmas you are willing to kill. Conversely, if you want to save your grandma's life, tell me how many of your neighbors should lose their homes or jobs."
- Decision making/uncertainty
- Risk models
- Major structural changes in the world
- How do we recover all the bailout, relief money?
- How do rental markets/evictions unfold?
- Relocation effects?
- Company Mergers/Acquisitions - particularly in travel and entertainment
- Our World in Data covers the topic here.
The New World
- Will companies in travel and hospitality continue to have high sanitization standards?
- Masking is now a political issue, but will it continue in some form or fashion in certain contexts? While traveling? For certain states/counties? Same for vaccination cards.
Booster 1 - Economic Recovery
Booster 2 - Vaccines and Related Policies
- An vaccine developed by the Army that might 'anticipate' variation
- More exploration of mRNA approaches
- Against seasonal influenza
- Using mRNA to treat HIV
- Using mRNA against Eppstein Barr
- Taking down malaria
- Maybe even cancer
- Improvements in supply chain logistics, vaccine manufacturing, and storage solutions