Roll out the red carpet! Awards are everywhere....Emmys, Grammys, ESPYs, oh my!
While not given the exact same spotlight, or fancy evening wear, actuaries give out their own sets of Awards. The 2018 summary is below.
From the Academy of Actuaries:
- Karen Bender of Little Saumico, Wis.;
- Lauren Cavanaugh of Pennington, N.J.;
- Jason Russell of Washington, D.C.;
- Wayne Stuenkel of Vestavia, Ala.
From the Society of Actuaries:
- Mark E. Alberts, Carlos Arocha, Ashlee Mouton Borcan, Steven L. Craighead, Robert T. Eaton, Kelly L. Featherstone, Shu-Yen Liu, Brian E. Pauley, Kevin J. Pledge, Anna M. Rappaport, Heather A. Waldron
SOA Section Awards:
- Investment Section
- Education and Reserach Section
- ARC Presentation Prize - Stephanie Lee for “What the heck is HECM?”
From the Casualty Actuary Society:
This year, the CAS President, Brian Z. Brown, recognized Robert F. Conger.
Robert F. Conger (FCAS 1979) - Bob has almost 40 years of volunteer experience, first volunteering in 1980.
In addition to being a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society, he is also a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries, an Honorary Fellow of the UK Institute of Actuaries, and a Membre d’Honneur (Member of Honor) by the French actuarial organization, Institut des Actuaires. He is a Past President of the CAS, and also served the CAS as Chairman of the Board, as VP-Administration, VP-International, an elected Board member, and Chairperson of multiple committees. Currently, he is CAS’s International Ambassador.
- New Members Award
- Patrick Ford (FCAS 2014)
- Daniel Watt (FCAS 2017)
- David Wang (FCAS 2015)
- The "Above & Beyond" Achievement Award
- Mallika Bender (FCAS 2011) - Recognized for work with the Diversity Committee
- Todd Lehmann (FCAS 2002) - Recognized for work with The CAS Institute
- Alejandro Ortega (FCAS 2006) - Recognized for work in the formation of the Organization of Latino Actuaries (OLA)
- Stephanie Gould Rabin (FCAS 1999) - Recognized for work with the Annual and Spring Meeting Planning Committee
- Peter Royek (ACAS 1995) - Recognized for work with the Professional Education Committee
- Joshua Taub (FCAS 2008) - Recognized for work with the Insurance On-Demand Working Party
- Matthew Rodermund Service Award
The following two members were recognized:
Regina Berens (FCAS 1983) - Through the years, she has been the Chairperson for the Strategic Planning Committee, the Long Range Planning Committee, Volunteer Resources Committee, Membership Survey Task Force, and additionally was a two time member of the Board of Directors.
David Oakden (FCAS 1979) - Through the years, he has been the Chairperson for the Education Policy Committee, Future Education Methods Steering Committee, a part Chairperson for the Examination Committee, and a two time member of the Board of Directors.
- American Risk and Insurance Association Prize
- Charles A. Hachemeister Prize
- Ratemaking Prize
- Ferguson Reinsurance Prize
- Ronald Bornhuetter Loss Reserve Prize
- Arizona State University
- Renmin University of China
- The University of Texas at Austin
From the Conference of Consulting Actuaries:
- Lifetime Acheivement Award - Fred Kilbourne
- Most Valuable Volunteer - David Scharf