Sunday, November 17, 2013

Actuary Accidentally Understands NAAJ Article

It happened on an October Saturday morning.  An actuarial student was clicking through links on the SOA website, looking to get to her study material.  A couple mis-clicks brought her to The North American Actuarial Journal (NAAJ).

The  NAAJ is available to all actuaries, but only read by some, understood by few, and according to our records has only had one idea successfully put into practice by a lone consultant outside of Colorado Springs.


“I was still in ‘study mode’ so I was trying to figure out what I would be tested on in the material.” explained the student.  “For a brief moment, I understood what the writers were doing. Then I realized that this material wasn’t on the syllabus, so I completely wiped it from my mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment