- Actuaries are not mythical creatures. They exist and provide a service to the public through pricing and mitigating financial risks.
- Several actuarial organizations help actuaries accomplish that goal.
- Some are country specific.
- Others are international.
- Others are practice oriented.
Recaps exist in other places, but basically somebody said something they weren't supposed to, which made other people upset. Then there was a lot of chest puffing and positioning and certain claims were made which may or may not be true, now people are suing each other....blah blah blah. DRAMA!
One distraught actuary thought the quarreling was his fault. "I shouldn't have complained about dues so much." He said through watery eyes. The bickering associations paused for a moment to console him, saying he's not to blame, but sometimes organizations need to separate for a little bit. No matter what, they will always still love collecting his money.