Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Grim Reaper Slated for Stand-up Comedy during Life Insurance Awareness Month

September is Life Insurance Awareness month.  Across the nation, insurance agents and financial advisors are seizing the opportunity to initiate conversations with their clients about protecting their families.  The 2013 Spokesperson for LIAM is former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason and while his celebrity status might intrigue some, a less publicized event might be the real gem of this year’s campaign.


The leading expert on death in the spiritual realm, the Grim Reaper himself, has agreed to perform some comedy.


“Everyone thinks death is so serious, so I’m hoping to lighten the mood a bit.” Reaper explained.  Having done billions of harvests, he’s experienced the occasional blooper.  A large part of his acts will be ‘Reapings Gone Wrong’.

“For example, one time I got my robe caught as I was going to swipe this guy while he was watching football.  It lands on this guy and he tells me that I can’t whack him yet, because obviously fate has different plans.  I’m intrigued so I hang around to see what happens, and the guy creates the snuggy.”

Reaper admits to be a bit nervous, as this is his first comedy routine, and people have a hard time laughing in the face of Death.

“I’ve been working on my material with some of the greats: George Carlin, Johnny Carson, and Richard Pryor to name a few. They promised me that when I go on stage, I’m going to kill.”

No comments:

Post a Comment